Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I am physically in bed, my cockatiel will not settle down in his cage to sleep, he'll keep screaming until I let him out. He always wakes up when I do as well, and immediately wants to get out of the cage. I go to bed around 11 PM and wake up around 8:30 AM. It's very hard to force him to sleep more when he knows I'm awake. I cover his cage at night, but I can't cover the front flap because he gets night frights when It's all dark. Any advice?

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Try putting a small night light in (or near) his cage where he can see it thru the cage cover. That should help with night frights. Due to my work schedule, all my birds are in bed ( cages covered ) around 7 p.m because I feed them at 5;30 am before work. I know that's not 12, but they seem to do fine. Remember, MOST birds will also nap some during the day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try putting a small night light in (or near) his cage where he can see it thru the cage cover. That should help with night frights. Due to my work schedule, all my birds are in bed ( cages covered ) around 7 p.m because I feed them at 5;30 am before work. I know that's not 12, but they seem to do fine. Remember, MOST birds will also nap some during the day.
Thanks! I'll try to get a nightlight and see if I can keep him in the cage longer while covered. And true, I do notice my birds taking short afternoon naps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.