Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well dodos a she I hand fed her since she was a week old so she is definitely 3. I was about to get dodo a friend and didn't want to have any issues with genders, she has never laid so wanted to make sure I was seeing correctly as I was told dodo was male when I got dodo. But dose not look male to me and being she has not had any eggs I thought getting a few other opinions would help.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, only pearl pied males will keep their pearls, but Dodo doesn't look pearl pied. Sometimes females won't lay eggs until there is a male whereas others will lay without a male. Luckily, yours doesn't seem to want to lay eggs which is nice. If you didn't want to breed her, I would suggest getting her a female friend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! That is what I was thinking also but I do know that same sex will go through the mating process also just with 2 males there will be no eggs but with 2 females there will be double amount of eggs. So have been trying to figure out what is best for dodo..

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, there is that problem. If Dodo hasn't ever shown an interest in eggs, I wouldn't worry too much. It kind of depends on what the other female is like as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have a female white face in mind but I want to meet her first it is the same pet shop I got dodo from but the white face has a defective foot and no one wants her and I love my od balls. So it all depends on how the meeting goes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Awww! I'm glad at least that you're considering her. It's so sad when people leave the ones with defects behind because no one wants them. I hope all goes well with the meeting! 😊🤞

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I was pretty sure dodo was but they said male and I was confused as you can't tell by looking at a week old when I got dodo and now at 3 I'm like definitely a girl just by looking. Dodo and I will be meeting a female white face on Tuesday I'm really hoping it goes well if not still getting her due to her being an od ball she just want be able to hangout as much with dodo. And I'll just keep looking for dodo bestie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts