Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My now almost 9 week old Pat and Mat seem to be bored in my room, since there's not much going on. Now the reason I put them here in my room in the first place for the first few weeks is that in the living room, even though that is the location with the most activity in the house, my dad sometimes paints and the smell from the paints he uses in the basement are detectable in the living room; sometimes my dad really wants the air conditioner on and it can be too cold/has a draft; he's also got hearing problems and puts the TV on too loud at times (these babies have such sensitive hearing! I talk and they shake their heads, so loud TV is probably not too good); and my parents like to stay up watching TV late into the night.

I can't find where I read it before a long time ago, but somewhere I read that it's not good for a tiel to be carried around in their cage every day.

Jerry used to not mind being carried around at all, as long as it meant he was with me because he was very bonded to me so I don't think it's actually much of an issue other than getting them used to being carried around from time to time and then as often as needed?

I want Pat and Mat to have a more interesting environment, and whenever I pass through the house to my room after say a vet visit or taking them out for some sun, Mat makes little curious chirps and Pat looks around in curiosity, so I think it would be a good idea putting them in the living room - but if need be, is it okay to carry their cage back up to my room (which will probably end up being every day as with Jerry, or at least until they learn to fly properly (I am having them practice in my room where it's safer)) ?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
There's nothing wrong with moving them around. My birds primarily live in my spare bedroom, but I bring their cages out into the living room most evenings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts