Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my birds had babies, one baby has white toe nails and black toenails and has what appears a lot of white feathers growing in as well as grey. I am just curious as I have never had baby cockatiels before if you can tell if he/she will be a normal grey or not

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
If you could show photos of the parents, it would be a little easier to tell. While those feathers at that young an age change very fast, it looks like you may have some type of whiteface mutation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The father is a normal grey split to whiteface, and pied and the mother is a cinnamon. This is
a picture from this morning while I was changing the nest box. All the other babies have dark feet and all dark toe nails except this one little guy

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ok...I was wrong. The males from this clutch will look like the dad. The females could be very interesting as to what you may get! Keep me posted on this one!

P.S That's a fine looking bunch of chicks you have there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so if they come out anything other than normal they are females. Thank you so much and I sure will keep you posted. I’ll post pictures again later once they get more feathers in. First time ever dealing with babies and I’m 🥰 love. Thank you again

·
Registered
795 Posts
Your very welcome! Hope all goes well. We SHOULD have already had our first and second hatch from our third clutch but sadly this time we may have a batch of dud eggs.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.