Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many tiels could I put in a 30"x18''x18'' cage? Right now my cage set up is : 2 tiels in one 30"x18''x18'' , My budgie pair in another 30"x18''x18'', and 5 budgies in another 30"x18''x18''. I got a spare 30"x18''x18'' and another cage that is 24'x16''x16'' and 2 smaller cages .I'm building an outdoor aviary for my budgies soon but not until after I get my 4 new tiels so my question is should I buy another cage? Or am I ok with what I currently have ? All opinions/criticizing is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well personally i wouldn't put more than one in a 30"x18"x18". I would buy another larger cage. My two are in my 30"x33"x18" and i wouldn't put in a third, but you probably could if they got lots of out of cage time.

Just a note, i wouldn't put more than 2-3 budgies in a 30"x18"x18" cage, it's a good spacious cage, but easy to overcrowd. ;) My two boys used to have one.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with Bea I wouldn't house two of them in that size cage, it would be better to buy a big cage they say the bigger the better when it comes to birds.
even with the budgies you shouldn't have more then two in a 30x18x18 cage but seeing as your buidling an aviary that shouldn't be a problem :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops I thought my cage set-ups were good I'll fix it ASAP my tiels spend most of the day outside of the cage .The thing about the budgies is ..How do I seperate them? Would it be best to put the 2 new ones in the 30''x18''x18'' and leave the 3 older ones in the current one?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Oops I thought my cage set-ups were good I'll fix it ASAP my tiels spend most of the day outside of the cage .The thing about the budgies is ..How do I seperate them? Would it be best to put the 2 new ones in the 30''x18''x18'' and leave the 3 older ones in the current one?
Separate them however they're happiest (i.e. friends with friends). :) The flight/breeder cages are good, and it's easy to think they can hold more birds than they actually can. ;) There's a size up which is the first type of cage i had when i got Cookie, it would be good for 2 (max. 3) cockatiels:

It's just like two of the cages you've got stacked on top of each other. You can sometimes find awesome deals where you can get 2-4 of them for only $100-$150, might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
It's the same cage. :) Is $95 for the cage inc. shipping, or just shipping? :p If it's the combined total cost, then that's pretty good especially if it comes with the stand...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's $40.00 for the cage and $55.00 for shipping...The cage is 30''x18''x36'' and it comes with the stand the bar spacing is 3/8''.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good price - check to see that you can't get it locally first. I wouldn't want to spend more on shipping than the actual cage. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only pet store in town is more expensive than anything I could get online .I wont be getting soon though :( my next spending money is going towards my new tiels and then after that its going towards my aviary :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts