Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the story in the cage topic Bea posted but I though I would just make a post as to making the thread longer. Ally(twin) phoned them today and got a shipping number from them. I still think something is missing and I don't think they are going to give it to me. If I don't get the part I need I will email them again but I think I may have to deal with the one I have. I will have to try and get the damage fixed the best I can but I’m scared to use it because there is exposed metal and I’m worrie it will rust. I know its not a place the birds can get at but I’m still worried. Maybe I should just deal with what I got and not have such high expectations on a cage I wanted for such a long time

This is the part I’m worried about rusting really bad.

I don't think it has stuck me yet that I have this cage I’ve wanted for ever so close to usable and I just need these parts. I’m not mad at the company I bought the cage from. It wasn't there fault. They got the cage from someone else and they screwed up. the people who screwed up are the ones sending me the parts. They are free of charge but they have to put a value on the parts sent so its about 20 cents for these cage parts. I don't even have to pay shipping so it is costing them. Just going to have to wait to see how these parts turn out

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
If you dont get a replacement for that part INSIST that you do. Did you email them photos of all the damage? When i got two damaged cages off ebay we sent the seller photos of the damage and he was more than happy to take them off our hands and was shocked at the condition.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
They are obliged to give you what it is YOU, the customer, wants. It's part of good service. I would kick up a huge fuss if they don't give you the parts you need. Definitely don't settle for anything less, because you want this cage to last you a long time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree with Bea. You obviously paid very good money for the cage and should expect to recieve exactly what you paid for! No Less. I would not accept that the cage is damaged ( it does not matter whos fault it is) and would insist that you are sent a new one to replace the damaged goods. If the courier is at fault , the company you bought your cage from should be dealing with them on your behalf to solve this problem properly!Do you have a Consumer Affairs to help with purchasing problems in your country? If you do contact them if you are not 100% happy with your purchase. Hope all works out in the end. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well today was odd. i woke up and ally was just looking at me. I'm thinking why the heck is she looking at me. So i goes over to the computer were she is as and she open us Ups and puts in my tracking number. Its say the cage parts are OUT FOR DELIVERY. I have a feeling thats not right but if it is then i should hane the cages set up by today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it never. still parts missing. i phone them and when i got off the phone wanted to hit the wall. i've tried a few time now to explain that enna needed 2 center divider peiced but they said oooo no you only need one. but this time ooo yes you need two of thoses. im like omg thats what i tired to tell you. so now another two weeks or so of waitin till she can have a actual cage that has all nessiary parts. blah waht a going on eh?

oooo by the way im enna's twin aka birdieness

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I'm glad it's usable now. I would've kept it boxed and FORCED them to replace the whole thing, but that's just me. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I'm glad it's usable now. I would've kept it boxed and FORCED them to replace the whole thing, but that's just me. :p
I would have done the same thing ;)

but I am glad the cage is starting to come together what a nightmare thats why I am afraid to buy online.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts