Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first cockatiel, Mia, about two months ago during summer break. I got her at a local pet store along with the biggest cage they had. It met the minimal requirements for a cockatiel cage, and at first it wasn't an issue because I had her out almost all day. However, now that school has started back and she's spending more time in her cage, I want her to have more room to play around while I'm away. So right now I'm searching for cages (mostly online) to buy for her that would give her more room. I have found a few, but I was wondering if anyone had cage suggestions, such as cages they like/have. (preferably in my price range $100-$200)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found and bought a beautiful cage on Facebook market place. There were many great ones in that price range. I know my area is not the same as you, but I’m confident if you are on Facebook, you will have success. If not, Craig’s list would be great too or any of those apps that are selling things like “Letgo” or “Offer Up”. I found mine for $80 (see attachment)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

eBay has an awesome selection of bird cages, search for "cockatiel flight cage" or something similar and a variety of options are listed ranging from high to low prices. The shipping costs may be too expensive though, depending on where you are located.

I personally prefer the Avi-One cages, they are the best brand readily available in my location without ordering online. I can't put a link to the XL one I have because they don't seem to make it anymore, but they make cages suitable for one or two cockatiels like this one. Many different brands have their own version of this cage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.