Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally bought a 18x18 cage for Percy and now that I have more toys I am wanting to upgrade him to the Pali Place flight cage. It's on sale at the moment and I am trying to decide between eggshell white or green coloring. Does anyone here have a similar colored cage? Which seems easier to keep clean looking or which looks more attractive overall. Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a white cage for my tiel. I have a night cage in white and a day cage that is white. I like the light color or off white because it looks clean and bright. I think it is easy to clean too. We also have a black cage, and our white dove lives in it. Maybe it helps to choose based on your bird color or your home decor as long as your cage is roomy and filled with safe toys your bird will be happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a dark grey cage, as I liked the look of it, but really I wish it had been a lighter colour. If you want to clean regularly, light colours are easier to spot the areas that need the most cleaning.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
A white cage would be easier to clean I never had a green cage but Rocko has a black cage and its easy to spot the dirt Rockos cage is also very big his own little birdie palace.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. The cage I currently have is green and it does show his dust quite a bit - mostly on the seed guards.

I am very close to ordering the HQ Flight Cage off Amazon (Prime shipping too!) but the only colors they have in stock and with Prime shipping are Black, Green, and Platinum. Considering just getting the green again. It will match the blinds and curtain in my room at least! It will also force me to clean more regularly to keep it looking new :D The Platinum color I have read is more greyish and I'm not sure I would like it as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I'm trying to measure in my head if it will fit fine in my bedroom...

His current one with seed guards measure at 26.25" width and length. The HQ flight cage is 32" wide so it's half a foot wider and only 21" length so it will sit closer to the wall... Now I just need to talk myself into getting it and just living with a slightly smaller pathway into my room!

·
Registered
786 Posts
My two cages are both platinum and they are very neutral. I like both of them because it let me see both birds and doesn't detract from their beauty. Cleans easy and doesn't show a lot of soiling. Good luck with your purchase, I am sure your baby will be very happy regardless!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Just ordered the HQ Flight Cage in green :D After looking at many pictures of the colors I decided that I'll stick to the green like the cage he already has. Also ordered a java wood multi perch to go with the bigger cage!

Delivery expected on the 2nd. If I remember I will post a photo of the finished product!:pearl:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope this helps you coopcooper I have the same cage but in white here it is
Nice setup! I see you have Nutri-Berries underneath as well :)

Does your birdy like them whole or do you crumble them up? Mine prefers me to crumble them up I think! I had some Pellet-Berries that he really seemed to enjoy.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Those flight cages are awesome. I used to have two of them before I upgraded to just having one massive cage. Now my partner's lorikeet lives in one of them, and I sold the other one to a lady who wanted one for her lovebirds. Such versatile cages. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts