Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Holmes' and Watson's cage is inadequate. VERY inadequate. It's a large parakeet cage that is basically falling apart. We've been wanting to upgrade them for awhile but had to take care of other things first.

We're actually wanting to put all four together. Holmes is being much nicer to Birdy and Demon and when we have the cages next to each other they'll try to preen each other from between the bars. Holmes will actually open up the door where you hang the food/water bowl and sit their to preen the girls.

So we want a large cage appropriate for all four birds with enough space for them to exercise and to be able to get away from each other if they want. Preferably one without easily openable guillotine doors so Demon and Holmes can't escape. We don't have a lot of extra funds, so the least expensive the better.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The A&E and HQ double flight cages are the only cages big enough for 4 tiels IMO. Maybe the Prevue F050. You can tie closed or get better clips for the guillotine doors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually really like the A&E and HQ double flight cages, and the price will definitely work. We'll probably get the A&E cage.

Sadly we can't get it right away. Have to save up a couple of pay checks. But we should be able to get it before the end of the month. :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
A double flight cage would be amazing! Looking forward to seeing your new cage. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a small apartment, so we'll have to make the space, which we're already figuring that out. I just think it'll be so good for them.

They all really like each other. And Holmes and Watson don't really understand toys or foraging. I know caging them together will make them happier birds, but I also hope it shows them how to play on the toys and chew them apart. They don't play. They only use one perch in their cage (the only one they came with) and when let out they mostly just sit in one spot on the floor. Holmes gets bored and frustrated and screams all the time. I'm hoping a new, bigger cage will improve things for them all around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts