Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a question about my cockatiel stretch i,m getting not to worry he is doing great. i was told he would go good with my 4 budgies but i,m also told no i want the best for him and i don,t want him to get hurt

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I definitely wouldn't put him with your budgies. Budgies are quite territorial birds, while cockatiels are more laid back. The budgies will often pick on the tiels. They should be ok to all come out of their cage and play together under your supervision though.

PS: Stretch and your budgies should be kept in separate rooms for 30 days. This is quarantine and a good way to make sure no one is sick and going to spread something around the flock.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes that i was going to do quarantine and thankyou i was a bit puzzled because budgies can be what you say brats

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
yes that i was going to do quarantine and thankyou i was a bit puzzled because budgies can be what you say brats
I wasn't sure if you knew about quarantine, so i thought i would just mention it. :)

Budgies are definitely brats, my 3 come out to play with Cookie and Bailee and while they're fine most of the time sometimes they do harass the tiels and i have to intervene. :p

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Budgies can be really big brats. Mine have there own cages but some times they do sleep together. Mine me, mine get along great, preen,feed, pay together and even nap together. Last two nights they all ended up in 1 cage together. Tonight i made sure they were in there own cages.
The tiels can be big brats to. There are point when peek gets a little to close to hugs and hugs tells him to back off with a little hiss. If that doesn't work its a full out beak open chasing attack lol. Hugs will go with this so called attack it up to peeks face and then its back to normal. No one gets touched. Its like this i'm bigger then you so run thing.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with Bea I wouldn't risk putting them together even out of the cages I have to keep an eye on them, they were out on the playgym and Ollie was looking for a head scratch so he leaned closer to reggie my budgie and got a little nip on the head I felt so bad for Ollie he was just looking like what did I do I only wanted a scratch :p

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys on your advice and 2 breeders advise here i allready was going to put stretch in a seperate cage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts