Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

This is my first time posting to this forum. I am an experienced budgie owner in my late-twenties, and I’m ready to try a cockatiel, so I thought I'd join this community.

I've always hoped to progress to bigger birds, and in a small apartment, a cockatiel seems like the most logical choice, especially since they are supposed to get along fairly well with budgies and have similar care. I hope I am able to bond with this new species, and that she and my two current budgies get along well.

Below is my new cage, all set up for quarantine for a bird I plan to purchase this weekend. I am happy with it as a starter cage for one cockatiel. It’s dimensions are 23.2 x 23.2 x 54.9’’ with the stand, and it’s the perfect size for our apartment. However, I would definitely like to go bigger if we end up getting a larger home.

Set-up’s still temporary as I look for a much larger ladder or drawbridge to hang from the back of the cage, rather than the small green one. I plan to clip a spray of millet as well in case the bird is wary of eating a new seed mix from a new bowl at first. I already hid a piece of millet in the purple ball for foraging. :)

What do you think, any advice?

Thanks,
Amy

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Amy,

Welcome to the forum. WOW! That is a very nice cage set up you have there! Plenty of room and toys. I would say once he or she get's settled in, that's going to be one happy bird with his new home. When ever you get your cockatiel, be sure and post pictures.

Robert

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Robert!

I am a member of TalkBudgies too and many members on there completely spoil their tiny birds with huge flight cages (and double flight cages), so they tend to tell me my bird cages are just OKAY. I just don't have the space for all that. So thank you for acknowledging that I DO actually take good care of my birds. I try to give them everything they need for a happy life. :)

And yes, I'll be sure to post pics once we get him or her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts