Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got up this morning and went to the hardware store i had in my mind that i wanted to build something for the birds on my own this is what i made

Ok so i made the 2 ladder perches from scratch and then i modified the penn plax so that it could sit on top of their cage and added a food and water dish and even thought that one was for the budgies i had Belle and Chico still prefer to play on it rather than on the big one that i got them so thats the one i modified and they really enjoy it. Next weekend i'm going to make a ladder system so they can climb up to it on their own but for now i put them up there and they really seem to enjoy it i also made a poop catcher for the sides above the cage out of corr-plas (corrugated plastic, looks like plastic cardboard) it washes nicely and will keep the dropping from going all over the perches

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
That looks Great! They look like they're enjoying it!

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
he's not just a pretty face!!!!! i told him he shouldn't have showed me....i'll start writing my list of what i want done for the birds now :p

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Better watch out...he'll expect you to breed as soon as you get home.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!!! its a long ride home from the airport hehehe!!!! OHHH birds....yes birds...right...got it!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
LMAOO.

Looks awesome Mike, well done. Hmm I wanna build something now, just gotta wait until I get the motivation. :p :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It was fun i really enjoyed doing it and am thinking of other things to build now....i spent about 12 dollars on what i did and that includes a 5 dollar drill bit so it was reasonable and i got the satisfaction of doing it myself. The second ladder perch i did required just a bit of spersuasion going together but it went ok and i used the bird safe glue that came in with the penn plax and wiped off the excess and let it dry for 2 hours before i put them in the cages
Mikey

·
Registered
917 Posts
Great job! It gives me hope I can one day build the design I made for a play gym.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I saw how you set up your cage Rouille! I think you have the makings of a play gym designer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts