Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two keets... A male named Bird, and a female named "lady-bird" they have been a pair for a little over a year. They seem to make each other happy, which was the idea when we purchased lady-bird for Bird. (am i confusing you yet?? lol) Anyhow my question is: Every time Lady-Bird goes to the food dish or water dish to ear or drink, Bird starts to shreik at her... and he wont stop till she's back on the perch with him. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!:eek: Why is he doing that? He feeds her and thats okay, but if she tried to eat on her own, he has a spaz attack. Is this normal?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Normally with keets it is the female that is more aggressive! Do know for sure what they are? I have always found them too pugnacious for my taste.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
My boys squawk all the time for no good reason, often just because someone has moved slightly, lol. :p I think boy budgies are just mental to be honest.

·
Registered
756 Posts
LOL... I have no advice on that... sorry...

do you have any pics fot he happy couple?.. they sound lovely...except the making you loose your mind .. LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a note... the keets, arent my birds, they are my three year old daughter's birds. She feeds them, she changes their cage, and she plays with them. I am just babysitting because my daughter is in the carribean visiting family. THANK GOODNESS she is coming back next monday... lol Im not sure I have pictures of "Lady bird" as she is, as my daughter says "shes a biter!" so but bird-bird is as tame as can be... I have lots of pictures of him.... lol ENJOY!

Bird-Bird and Drika(my daughter)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
He's a cutie! Very cool that your Daughter takes care of them!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, with supervision... and a tad bit of help. Shes rather proud of her birds. lol I think it teaches her responsibility, and if she ever looses interest, then I will take over. I dont see that happening however, as we have had them over a year and each day before school she is excited to feed them, and dump out their water to give them fresh. lol its cute to watch.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It sounds like a great idea! So you're a good human Mommy too!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Bird and your daughter are very cute :) Iam not sure why Bird will scream like that but I have to agree with Bea male budgies seem to be mental :p My budgie Icarus will hang on the side of his cage making bell noises, he loves bells :wacko:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts