Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Sharmon. My bird's name is Buddy. He is 4 years old and new to me about 3 weeks ago. I've always wanted a bird and finally decided to look into it and get one. I purchased him from a local pet shop. They said that a man dropped him off and basically for whatever reason no longer wanted him. I fell in LOVE!
He was unable to be handled basically and hates hands. (I suspect that maybe someone has been flicking him when he shows signs of biting) He NEVER shows aggression to my face when I go to him close.

I came here to learn everything available!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Buddy from Joey and me! :) Time and patience can go a long way toward helping him to be comfortable with hands. Trust takes time with these little people, but it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

My first cockatiel hated hands and was very timid. But, he soon discovered that I wasn't a threat and warmed up to me, becoming tame and friendly. It was very gradual, but patience (and food bribery) can go a long way! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderful welcomes !! Thanks so very much!! I will continue to work with him and I'm naturally a very patient person so that's a god thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts