Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so in about late december we noticed miso had a bruise on her beak. i didn't think very much of it after doing some reading, it wasn't a surprise since she had grown her wings out a bit and was flying into things (she's clipped now)

but over the past couple of weeks it's started to flake and peel off and it almost looks like dried blood where the darker spots of the bruise had been

is this to be expected with bruised beaks or is this a sign of something bad? is there anything i could do like put coconut oil on it just to help it along a little bit? should i vet her for this?

she seems perfectly healthy aside from this. it's also very dry here, so i try to put coconut oil on her feet and nares as often as she needs it (humidifiers to literally nothing it is so dry), could that affect her beak like this?
she gets a lot of calcium, so if it's an issue with her diet i would appreciate more tips on what to feed her

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
The beak naturally peels. Since there is a bruise, it's going to peel and loose that as well. Totally normal and she should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts