Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torch has 2 broken tail feathers. Both of them just hanging there. He is busy all the time, always climbing, hanging on or off something ... :) and when he finds he can't quite get where he is going he will just let him self fall to the bottom of the cage and start over. Its a wonder he has any tail left at all. Tiki is so careful all the time. No broken tail feathers on him.. :) I spose Torch will get more graceful as he gets older. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thank you!! That gives me hope that mine might be more graceful when she gets older since you think that about yours. I have the same problem with my pearlie girlie! She climbs all over everything and backs up against the cage. She's 7 months and has lost them twice now with them breaking off. She finally has them growing out but I wonder how long it will last! Mine doesn't drop to the bottom and start over though - that is too cute! Mine did fall the other day though cuz she was too excited and not paying attention...I tried not to laugh...it was hard but I didn't. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I laugh at Torch... can't help it. Torch is about 3 1/2 months. Its like watching a toddler.... can't decide what to do first, so trys to do everything. His little feet never stop moving until its time for bed, and I'm not sure he stops moving then either. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow what a coincidence, Chico's tail feathers are just starting to fill in nicely and he's right around a year old...most of his were loss due to the fact that when he was learning to fly he looked like tigger, always bouncing on his backside lol. Then he got 3 really nice ones in and got night fright and broke them all but now he has 5 really nice ones near 3/4 length
Mikey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts