Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not 100% sure what I should do about my baby cockatiel. I do not live in an area that I have access to an avian vet to start this would've been my first option. I have a baby cockatiel about two months old who flew onto a hanging picture and fell. He hurt his wing and I noticed he couldn't fly and wasn't moving the wing. I wrapped the wing up after some careful research and no other option. I was terrified that he would die so I had to take some form of action. I noticed after about 3 or 4 days later he started moving it which made me believe that the wing wasn't broken. I took the splint off at that moment so that he could have some wiggle room he was very upset at the bandaging. but now about two weeks later he still isn't flying he is flapping but it looks like its not aligned properly with the other wing I'm not sure if I should wrap the wing again or leave him be.

I really try my best to search and learn as much as I can but this isn't something that I was able to reach out to anyone about or find doing any research.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what I should do about my baby cockatiel. I do not live in an area that I have access to an avian vet to start this would've been my first option. I have a baby cockatiel about two months old who flew onto a hanging picture and fell. He hurt his wing and I noticed he couldn't fly and wasn't moving the wing. I wrapped the wing up after some careful research and no other option. I was terrified that he would die so I had to take some form of action. I noticed after about 3 or 4 days later he started moving it which made me believe that the wing wasn't broken. I took the splint off at that moment so that he could have some wiggle room he was very upset at the bandaging. but now about two weeks later he still isn't flying he is flapping but it looks like its not aligned properly with the other wing I'm not sure if I should wrap the wing again or leave him be.

I really try my best to search and learn as much as I can but this isn't something that I was able to reach out to anyone about or find doing any research.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts