Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are days where Zaika hangs from the side of her cage and flaps her wings as hard as she can. Making a bunch of noise and I knew one day she'd break a blood feather doing it.

Well.
She has. ;_; I've managed to get the bleeding to stop but I'm not sure what exactly I'm suppose to be looking for. She's was bleeding for sure as I can see blood all on her wing. But how to I tell if there is still a feather shaft in there?

She's missing a feather on her opposite wing and I found a feather on the bottom of the cage so I don't think that is the feather that caused the bleeding.

Also she keeps picking at it! How to I get her to stop!? xc

This was her yesterday.

This is her today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eep! I found another flight feather at the bottom of her cage.

Both are mature feathers though. Only a tiny bit of blood at the tips of both. Do you think she just knocked one of her feathers out and caused a bit of bleeding?

I don't see any other flight feathers unless it fell somewhere outside of the cage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so. ;3; I had just gotten home from going out to eat and the dogs spooked her. (They were jumping all over me)

I checked on her to calm her down and that's when I noticed the fresh blood on her wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts