Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already own a cockatiel that is about 8 to 10 or so months old and its a female.:grey tiel:

My sister in law is planning on getting me another cockatiel for my birthday that is right around the corner, she's planning on getting an 8-month-old Male.:wf pied:

I was wondering if they would get along if I were to bring another bird in (Because she's never been with other birds).

I might even want them to lay eggs one day, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I already own a cockatiel that is about 8 to 10 or so months old and its a female.:grey tiel:

My sister in law is planning on getting me another cockatiel for my birthday that is right around the corner, she's planning on getting an 8-month-old Male.:wf pied:

I was wondering if they would get along if I were to bring another bird in (Because she's never been with other birds).

I might even want them to lay eggs one day, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I think its okay.
I suggest to put them in different cage for first week, just to let them seeing each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think its okay.
I suggest to put them in different cage for first week, just to let them seeing each other.
I agree, be sure to put the new bird in quarantine for atleast a month though, if they carry a disease they often don't show it in the first weeks.
Especially since you have a young cockatiel, which are very vulnerable.

You can never be sure if cockatiels get along well, but be sure to make them meet on neutral grounds (a playstand, another room etc).
It will make the first meeting more enjoyable by avoiding territorial invasion.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.