Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I understand that breeding two visuals is not advisable as they produce chicks with genetic flaw. But I have two cinnamon pieds with unequal markings. Can anyone kindly suggest me that is it ok to breed these two (images attached) tiels as their markings are different? And if yes, i am interested to know what sort of markings will be present in the chicks. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
There is no way to determine what a pieds markings will look like, it doesn't matter what the parents look like.

Having different markings also has nothing to do with breeding like to like birds. The reason it's not recommended to breed like to like birds is because it can cause smaller and weaker babies. This is normally because to get visual birds of these mutations in captivity, daughters were bred to their fathers to create the visual. That being said, you can test breed them and see how they do and what you get. It's really not the pied to pied that would be the issue, it's the cinnamon to cinnamon that's the concern. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts