Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering what signs I should look for to see if my tiel is sick ? I’ve notice when I come home from work yesterday she was at the bottom of her cage. She climbed up and looked fine tho. To sleep over night she almost always perches up on the same spot but right now she’s at the bottom corner of her cage. I’ve had her for around 7 years in the same cage so I was surprised. She is sleeping not really too active as it’s late right now. Took her to the vet for a check up about a week or two ago and asked if she had any eggs and he said no. I was wondering what signs i should look out for to show she’s sick or something is wrong. I know they hide their sickness very well and i just want to be on top of her health. Also I set up a vet app. In two days what question should I ask ? or what type of check up should I ask for if it’s not like a physical external but rather internal ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just tell your vet what you have noticed that she spends time on the bottom of her cage. Most any (avian) vet worth there salt will know what to do or look for. Is she getting a well balanced diet and eating regular?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts