Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed this yesterday that my tiel Oliver (the lutino) has some discoloration in his nostrils. He'll let me touch them, and they don't seem to be bothering him, I just don't know why they're discolored like this. Sometimes they'll get like this, but only for an hour or so and they'll go back to their natural color.
He's behaving normally, how he always does, but I'm just worried and would really appreciate some suggestions or some insight.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hmmm...maybe a call to the Vet? I don't know if birds are similar to humans this way but when our skin turns blue or grey it means a lack of oxygen in our blood system. Is it possible it's the same with birds? Or is it possible he has a blueish toy in his cage that might be rubbing off on him?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know that my cockatiels have gone a bit purple from time to time, ive usually found out their just a little cold, once the rooms warmed up the color goes back to normal.
I wouldnt worry, :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
So I noticed this yesterday that my tiel Oliver (the lutino) has some discoloration in his nostrils. He'll let me touch them, and they don't seem to be bothering him, I just don't know why they're discolored like this. Sometimes they'll get like this, but only for an hour or so and they'll go back to their natural color.
He's behaving normally, how he always does, but I'm just worried and would really appreciate some suggestions or some insight.
Cool signiture!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts