Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching through Rockos head and there is lots of blood pin feathers they are there a long time and they look like they have scabs beneath then and it looks really painful he also has a big one on his neck.Also should I stop using the harness for a while until it heals because the harness would be sitting against it and he dosent like if you touch it.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would hold off on the harness. Can you scratch his head? He would probably appreciate that
Is there any way to help the pin feathers develop quicker it's very painful and he's crying all day for scratches poor baby I gave him a shower yesterday when he was wearing the harness that's probably why he was biting it because it was probably irritating the pin feather.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
No, they grow when they grow. Just giving him a bath and scratching usually help ease the discomfort

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they grow when they grow. Just giving him a bath and scratching usually help ease the discomfort
Sometimes when I scratch it hurts him how long do they usually take to grow and I noticed he has a red mark on his nose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts