Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pikachu broke a newly growing in tail feather and it's bleeding a good bit. I put cornstarch on it, but I've never dealt with a blood feather before (and unfortunately I just paid for dog surgery and don't really have money for an emergency vet visit). I read that you have to pinch it and pull it out?? What am I supposed to do?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before I noticed the bleeding, she was making her "ouchy" screeches and and now she's quiet, so I hope I did a good job. I pulled it all the way out and put cornstarch on it..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will add that I love Piki so much <3 She's never 'learned' to bite people and even with me messing with her painful feather and holding her in all sorts of weird ways, she didn't bite.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
You did what you were supposed to do, she should be fine. If you look at the blood feather you should see the end of it (or the piece you pulled out).

Just a friendly reminder that bumping your post to the top is not allowed. People will see it when they can but a lot of us are at work right now or sleeping. If you are really concerned, an exam by a vet wouldn't hurt. Most vets here in the stats take care credit, which is a great thing to have when owning a pet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did what you were supposed to do, she should be fine. If you look at the blood feather you should see the end of it (or the piece you pulled out).

Just a friendly reminder that bumping your post to the top is not allowed. People will see it when they can but a lot of us are at work right now or sleeping. If you are really concerned, an exam by a vet wouldn't hurt. Most vets here in the stats take care credit, which is a great thing to have when owning a pet.
What do you mean "bumping [my] post to the top" ? I'm not sure what that is o.o

The bleeding is stopped and she seems happy again :)

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Bumping a post is where you post repeatedly in a post when you get no replies. This pushes the post back up to the top. If you have more to add to a post you've created, you can edit the post instead to add that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts