Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this morning I noticed a bit of blood at the inner base of Frankie's crest... he's been heavily molting for about a month now, so is it possible that he just broke a new feather? It's the first time he's had an injury with me and I worry so much about him.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Is it actual bleeding or might you be seeing blood in the shaft of a new feather?

If it's bleeding, then he probably just bumped a new feather a bit too hard, nothing to worry about in such a small feather. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actual bleeding... but it does makes me feel better that it's probably just a bump like I thought. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
He lives alone, right? Sometimes my girls will peck each other on the head when they squabble over something, but that's obviously not an issue if he's a single guy. It's possible he bumped into something or scratched a bit too hard. Are his nails sharp? Sometimes they can scratch themselves when they need a trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He lives alone! And I doubt that it was his nails... he's not used to using his feet for much besides perching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts