Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I need your help!
So i live in a dusty area where sand storms are more common than a sunny day in the summer. My 2 months old lutino cockatiel that i had for less than a week now has been sneezing and scratching his nostrils most of the time he spent in his cage. Cus for some reason he stop that when i let him out. Today he kept scratching his nostril till it started bleeding. Luckily i was there when that happened so i know exactly why his nostril wad bleeding. The bleeding has stopped but his nostril is swollen a little bit now. Is he having some serious issue? And is he gonna be alright?
PS: 1-this is not my first cockatiel i've had two before and non was this scratchy or sensetive to dust.
2-he had a dark blue nostril the first day i got him, The pet shop employee told me he had something in his nostril but he'll be okay. And it did get normal with time. his breathing is perfectly normal. No noise or heavy breathing.
3-he is still on baby bird formula diet. He barely touches his veggies or seeds.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

'Tiels have an extremely sensitive and delicate respiratory system. If your 'tiel is bleeding from the nostril you need to take him to the vet for a check up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts