Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Darla has black on one nostril and I have no idea what it could be. I noticed it when I was in the shower with her and buttercup. I thought maybe a bruise but I don't recall her flying into anything. I'll try to get a photo but anyone got any ideas what it could be? You can't see anythung black actually in the nose as far as I can tell, it's more like the skin around the nostril that's tinged black. She's a wf cinnamon pearl pied so it's definitely not just the normal change in colour you'd expect from some mutations.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On further inspection it looks like there IS black in there. What the heck could that be. I don't know how dirt could appear completely black unless it had built up slowly and I don't think it has. Also don't know where she would have found dirt at all, she doesn't wander around she's either on me or in her cage. She also had a bit of wet around that nostril which is freaking me out because I just keep thinking nasal discharge = sick bird. If it was some kinda illness would it be watering from both nostrils? I'm hoping it's just dirt and that's causing irritation and watering...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The black thing in there looks a bit shiny like.. I can't think of anything similar except the lead from a pencil? I can't get a photo I've taken like 100 trying but you can't see it in photos :(
The whole inside of the nare is dark but the really black bits (3 dots in there) are shiny like lead pencil. What could this even be besides dirt? There's no swelling and spraying water didn't make her sneeze or dislodge it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts