Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one help me, my Juana is biting everyone in the house but me and my son. she will liberally get off the top of her cage and come down to whom ever comes in my room and attacked them, she draw blood every time she bites them especially the kids. if I am sitting anywhere she will come down off her cage and come to me to scratch her head which I do. if they try to scratch her head when they try to move slowly to her head she tries to bite their finger. she is vicious toward them. what can I do.

also I tried to give her pallets she will not eat them, she only wants bird seeds. how can I switch her over to some other type of bird food.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry, I am fairly new and has never posted before and I am having a hard time trying to navigate around these pages. But Juana is a cockatiel I have had her for about 6 month she was just ween. she is a good bird and I love this bird, she will bite all the kids in the house, but will not bite me, she will even let me kiss her and will not peck at me. she will not let me leave her along when I walk out the room she squirks real loud until I come back to get her and then she will follow me through the house. don't know what to do about the biting.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
She seems pretty attached to you. My 'tiel is a celcro bird acts mostly the same way with my family. She has gotten better over time with the biting (which is just really all hiss no bite), but hasn't gotten along with my little brother until recently. He would do lots of fast, sudden movements, when reaching out to pet her. Which would cause her to bite. Are the kids moving a little to fast when trying to pet her? They have to move as slow and careful as you do, but she still might not trust them as much yet as she trusts you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts