Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when I have Ella on my shoulder she bites my ear...It kinda herts and I don't know what to do???? I don't want her to draw blood...but she might...I think she does it when she wants be to scratch her head...but I don't know how to make her stop...

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Just tell her No and make her step up. That's what I do when Spike bites my earings. Then take your earrings out. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Might be something you have to get use to...lol mine do the same thing if it gets to be to much I just tell them no and remove them from the area, its not so bad when I have my hair down but when its up yikes...hehe they love to pick at things they are always trying to pull out Ian's facial hair...lol and he has a small little mole on his neck and they try and pick that off to :eek: :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bailee bites my ears when he's having a temper tantrum. :p I just take him off my shoulder and make him sit somewhere else (like my lap). Cookie bites little pimples and freckles on my back and shoulders which hurts heaps, i just put her somewhere else too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Welcome to the world of boys...Ziggy can be sooo sweet one minute and flip the next. Remove the earrings and say no. Also take him off your shoulder when he does that. Baby never does that- she just nibbles and picks at everything...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Unfortunately its not just boy's ALL three of mine do it :rolleyes: Georgie (female) is the worst at it ;)
I think you're tiels are not typical :rolleyes:and they are very special.:p You have a biting female and a singing female..lol...Ollie...well- he's my favorite so I won't talk about him. That's Ziggy's brother..hehe

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I do have some weird tiels don't I...hehe :p thanks for speaking so highly of Baby you turned me on to them (Hey that just doesn't sound right...LOL) I will just blame you for it :p:D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I do have some weird tiels don't I...hehe :p thanks for speaking so highly of Baby you turned me on to them (Hey that just doesn't sound right...LOL) I will just blame you for it :p:D
LOL>..You mean it's my fault that you have THREE??? Maybe Georgie's my fault but the rest was ALLLLLLL you...hehe

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
YES!!!! its your fault...hehe :p I had a little bug in my ear going yeah get another one whats one more....LOL

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You may aswell get used to the ear nipping and the earring pulling. I just say NO and take them off my shoulder. Little Bill (my budgie) is the worst at earrings and ears. once he was nibbling my earring and he hovvered in the air and was just hung on my earring he has never done it again.
If the biting on your ear hurts really bad take them off your shoulder. But if you can stand it just ignore it they will get bored because they will get no angry reaction off you. :D

Hope the biting on you ear lobe stops soon. Because it hurts really bad if they do it too hard!:):)

·
Registered
799 Posts
luckily my tiel dose not do this yet but unfortunately my African Grey did this but i stopped it by saying no in a firm voice and telling him to step down. :)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
stretch does that to he actually does it to my hairs on my neck it is like he is preening my neck hairs

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for every little comment!!!!!!!! She has stopped a little bit...because I just ignored her and she is like *OH I will just go do somthing else*...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine doesn't bite, but she seems to be cleaning my ears!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts