Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bday::tiel6: So its almost Rocko's First Birthday And I Would Like To Know Have Any Of You Ever Tried Making Like A Seed Cake If You Have Could You Please Give Me A Recipe I Want To Make His First Birthday A Good Memory Also Most Of You Know Rocko Isnt Really Into Toys So A List Of Toys He Might Like Can Be Added Hes Gonna Enjoy His Birthday My Mam Is Getting Him A Aviator Harness For His Birthday But Shes Getting It On Saturday So We Are Gonna Try Train Him To Wear It So He Can Try It Outside On His Birthday Im Gonna Get Him Toys And Treats And Whatever Else I Can Find. :bday::excited:

I Also Have 1 Question What Does It Mean If A Cockatiel Is Sitting On A Perch Wagging Their Tail Fast Does It Mean Their Happy Or Excited.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's unlikely your bird will be trained to wear a harness in a week. Also that thing he's doing with his perch is him masturbating.

·
Registered
769 Posts
There will be a recipe of bird cakes at cockatiel cottage.I know that cause i have checked them myself. They are really nice. Try using them.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's unlikely your bird will be trained to wear a harness in a week. Also that thing he's doing with his perch is him masturbating.
Well maybe when he does get used to it he can have a late birthday day out lol and wow i thought when they do it they are excited or happy do males and females do it or do both do it differently

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
In regards to 'tiel masturbation -- females will sit up against something, kind of squat down, put their tail up and stand very still. They make a very chicken-like clucking that can get very loud. I've seen Sophie do it heaps, haha. Males will actually rub their cloaca against something, with very noticeable tail swinging motions. They will usually chirp and do heartwings while doing this as well. Hope that helps. :p

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In regards to 'tiel masturbation -- females will sit up against something, kind of squat down, put their tail up and stand very still. They make a very chicken-like clucking that can get very loud. I've seen Sophie do it heaps, haha. Males will actually rub their cloaca against something, with very noticeable tail swinging motions. They will usually chirp and do heartwings while doing this as well. Hope that helps. :p
I think i just picked a name for the new tiel that i be getting Loki like your bird i really like the name :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rocko just sits normally but moves his tail up and down very fast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts