Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's not so fried, but anyway. Last night the family were having fried rice for dinner, so i decided to make the birds some too (but without oil and other not-bird-friendly ingredients). This is what i did.

I put some finely chopped carrot, green beans, red and green capsicum (peppers) and broccoli in a little bowl. I added some frozen peas and corn to this and then put a bit of water in the bowl. I microwaved the veggies for about 5 mins until the veggies were cooked through. Finally i added some left over rice from our dinner and mixed it all up. ;) Then you have birdy fried rice. The tiels loved it!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
sounds good thanks for sharing that Bea, I am sure ;) both of mine will love it.
this could be another one for ya, you know your owned by a tiel when ....hehe
before I came to tb and here making a meal for a bird would have been so foreign to me now its just common to try different receipes for them I baked up a receipe for birdy bread and Georgie absolutely love it I am the only one around my inner circle that is a bird lover and they all look at me like I am crazy...lol

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That sounds like something I can make for me and Baby to share..lol
It's pretty basic but healthy so I'll give it a try this weekend. I'm sure my budgies would love it too!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
That sounds like something I can make for me and Baby to share..lol
It's pretty basic but healthy so I'll give it a try this weekend. I'm sure my budgies would love it too!
Thats what I was thinking sounds good enough for me to eat ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts