Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are three budgie boy birthdays coming up, and i was challenged to make them a "cake" to celebrate. Well today i started by making a batch of birdie bread but i made them in egg rings to make patty shaped.

On Blinkie's birthday this week i will thaw two of these patties out, make a "mash potato" cream layer between them, just like a cream sponge cake. :p I will probably use more mash potato for the icing, maybe with some pea and corn "sprinkles". ;)

Hopefully the fids will like the idea.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thats a great idea Bea :D I do the same for my mine, well only Pepper so far, I make her a doggy cake every year, the birds haven't had a birthday yet I will have to steal your idea when there turn comes :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Those look great Bea!
I bet Blinkie will love his birthday present!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great idea! They look yummy! LOL! :p
:lol: Without the bird seed they'd probably be edible. Dad thought i was making bubble and squeak, it's a good thing he didn't decide to sample one!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
oo ok

well i've got some left over taters from a roast we had last night, I'll heat em up a bit and just mash em up w/ a fork

Can birds eat the pealings of taters? that is where all the vitamens are for Potatoes :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
They look yummy to the birds, but not for me ! LOL!! I'm not sure weather the pealings are suitable for birds :confused:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Bea! You always come up with these great ideas! A mini bday cake is great! I'm sure they'll enjoy it. You're such a good bird mom-any bird is lucky to have you!

Can birds eat the pealings of taters? that is where all the vitamens are for Potatoes :)
Nope..no peelings for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts