Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a hanging bird bath in their cages? Most that hang on the side of the cage seem too small or just wouldn't fit right.

·
Registered
786 Posts
All the ones I have seen are only for budgies, way to small for my tiel. He likes me to spray him from above, using a very fine mist. He goes silly and loves to get quite wet :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have one. It's the right size but never been used. My birds prefer a bowl,the kitchen sink, the bath and/or the spray bottle. It was a waste of time and money in my case.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
My partner's lorikeet LOVES his bird bath. He has a stainless steel bowl that hooks onto the side of the cage for his bath. My 'tiels have the exact same bowl but it's for their drinking water, and they wouldn't dare take a bath in it -- the only way they like their shower is outside, with a spray bottle. :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the cockatiel sized baths that hang on the side. But I also mist my birds and they have Tupperware containers about 1 inch deep with water on the floor for bathing. Some don't like the ones on the cage. Some only like misting. That's why I do both. So everyone is happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts