Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So birdie has only been out of his cage a few times (4 or 5? ) and I've had him for a week, but he really surprised me today!

He was roaming around on my desk trying to chew everything lol but after 30mins he got tired, so he decided to sit really close to me. so I put my arm near him and he climbed up, so I lifted him up a little bit and he decided to preen my hair.. anyway he decided he wanted to be higher up so he clambered up to my shoulder!! I was really surprised by that because I've never had him on my shoulder before and this was only his 4th or 5th time out of his cage! Anyway I snapped some quick pictures with my phone. How adorable is this?! I didn't expect him to do this for at least a few more weeks.

I'm floating on a cloud, hahaha!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
So sweet! Love the pic of the beaky smooch. :love:

Joey loves scritches, has never stepped up, or been on a shoulder.. until today. He flew to my shoulder once, stayed a few seconds and flew away. He then came back and landed on my head, twice.

These are certainly proud mama moments, aren't they?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also I think I will be naming him Elvis. He rocks out every time I put Elvis music on, haha.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Soo cute! He's bonded to you so fast that's amazing :D I love the smoochy pic also!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soo cute! He's bonded to you so fast that's amazing :D I love the smoochy pic also!
Might've something to do with the fact that he's in my office with me and I work from home. I sing/whistle to him most of the day :) But even so, I really didn't expect him to bond this fast - I've had him exactly 7 days today. I'm just glad he's happy here!

·
Registered
786 Posts
So sweet ! Great photos too :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
also I think I will be naming him Elvis. He rocks out every time I put Elvis music on, haha.
It is always interesting when tiels have a fave group or artist. :D Despite being named for Joey Ramone, and liking their music, Joey's fave group is Judas Priest, but he also loves Ray Charles. Any time we play Judas Priest, he dances and chirp/sings along.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love the pics :) it's a proud mama moment haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts