Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I are building a "small" aviary and plan on getting 4 cockatiels and are having a parakeet given to us by a friend. Will a 36"x60"x81" be ok for all 5 to cohabit nicely? Should we get another parakeet and keep them seperate? All are rescued so none are going to be babies. There is so much conflicting info out there I though it just better to ask experienced owners. Thank you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of my parakeets likes to terrorize my cockatiel by trying to get as close to her as possible... this freaks her out and she flies away only to have the parakeet flying after her. I would definitely keep the parakeet and cockatiels separate, especially if the parakeet doesn’t have another parakeet to keep him company. Parakeets are always seeking out other birds, they’re naturally very social, so if the parakeet has nobody else but the cockatiels he will keep pursuing them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.