Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting opinions on what you guys would consider to be the best pellets and why? Mine are on Vetafarm maintenance pellets at the moment and I was wondering if there's anything better out there I could get my hands on.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I like Harrison's because they are organic, natural and seem to be at the forefront of nutrition (as far as consumers like me know!). I was advised to go on these by my avian vet and the guys who own the big parrot shop in my area, Midland Parrots, who own almost fifty parrots and swear by Harrison's. On the other hand, I know someone with larger parrots who swears by a brand called Roudybush too (never tried it). I think the main thing is to look for something organic and all-natural with good testimonies from other bird people.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Based on ingredients and from what I've read of the company, I like TOPS. http://topsparrotfood.com/
I also like that they don't push for you to feed your bird a pellet-only diet.
Although an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals, we believe that no pellet can provide 100% of a bird’s nutritional needs. Please be sure to feed vegetables, fruits, nuts, and some seeds for a varied diet.

Next in line, in my opinion, would be Harrison's. I currently feed Harrison's and ZuPreem (Missy likes the ZuPreem) but would eventually like to try to see if any of my flock will eat TOPS.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Although Joey has Zupreem fruity blend, RoudyBush mini and RoudyBush Crumble, and Harrison's high potency (super fine, I think?), he seems to prefer the Harrison's and I like the fact it is so healthy.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Read the ingredent list for surprises. I noticed my finch pellets have ethoxyquin. Time for a different pellet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts