Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Beak-Banging
A bird may often hammer his beak on a hard object, or on you. It almost looks like a pecking motion. This is beak-banging, and it is a common behavior for male cockatiels. Like the bat bird, it is a gesture of property ownership. Your bird may be saying "Whatever I'm hammering on is mine!" However, while the Bat Bird is seen in both male and female parrot, beak banging is a predominantly male behavior."

So far, Dooby owns a DVD, the telephone, his perch, a small part of my computer desk and my mug!:D:D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
LOL!!! I love the beak banging, it's adorable. Sadly Bailee doesn't do it, i've seen the behaviour when i've bird sat Banjo when his owners are away. It's so funny.

Dooby sure has a lot of property... :p ;)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Soon he will own it all :p Ollie just started doing that to in the last couple of days its acutally quite funny to see him do it, I keep thinking thats got to hurt :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Haha!! Dooby has a weird, random selection of stuff which he likes!!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D:D Ok, I believe he's a boy. He's been a little devil boy today though, got the grumps and he's bitten me loads, he's moulting pretty bad though, so of course I forgive him. The funny thing is when I say to him "No, Dooby, that's naughty!" he runs up to get under my chin for a cuddle as though to say "I'm sorry, mum!" LOL!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
:D:D Ok, I believe he's a boy. He's been a little devil boy today though, got the grumps and he's bitten me loads, he's moulting pretty bad though, so of course I forgive him. The funny thing is when I say to him "No, Dooby, that's naughty!" he runs up to get under my chin for a cuddle as though to say "I'm sorry, mum!" LOL!!
You believe...lol well its about time :p its funny with boys one minute they are sweet as pie the next they are little devils, When Ollie gets in his biting fits I always say not nice Ollie and he looks at me all cute and sweet as if to say what did I do ?....hehe

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
That sounds shockingly familiar - you haven't bird napped a certain stupid tiel from Australia have you? :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh well, it sounds like Dooby is normal then. LOL.

Bea: Don't tempt me, I could bird nap Bailee in a heartbeat, he's such a little darling and I just don't believe he could possibly be grumpy!!;)

Laurago: Yes...I believe!!! He's ALL boy! Oh I know the look you mean, the one that melts your heart and you instantly forgive, ready for the next painful experience. LOL.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Don't tempt me, I could bird nap Bailee in a heartbeat, he's such a little darling and I just don't believe he could possibly be grumpy!!;)
LOL!!! He's is Mr Super Grumpy, he unleashed his temper on dads ear yesterday. Dad was like "argh! Get this psycho bird off me!". :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
LOL!!! He's is Mr Super Grumpy, he unleashed his temper on dads ear yesterday. Dad was like "argh! Get this psycho bird off me!". :p
hehe.... I had to laugh at that one Ollie does that to Ian ALL the time and Ian says the exact same thing :p :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts