Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bedroom is now being painted the birds are away I can smell the paint from downstairs so looks like Rocko wont be back in there for a while.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bedroom is finished and it looks great and when the cages get back in my room it will look even better.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can not smell any paint at all now and the window is wide open is it ok for me to sleep in my bedroom tonight my dad said I shouldnt.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm about touch up paint inside of my house... not painting entire walls just touching up the paint in large areas. I also am wondering for how long after painting inside walls of the house must my tiel be kept in separate room?

I was going to leave him in another room and only let him out into living room once paint has fully dried in that room.

Unfortunately I cannot leave any windows open because I live in Florida where it is HORRENDOUSLY humid and insanely muggy and raining nonstop! I cannot wait to move out of this inhabitable h*** hole. I have lived in many places and I can honestly say with no doubt it is miserable here. I am sooo out of here first second I can afford to leave!!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about touch up paint inside of my house... not painting entire walls just touching up the paint in large areas. I also am wondering for how long after painting inside walls of the house must my tiel be kept in separate room?

I was going to leave him in another room and only let him out into living room once paint has fully dried in that room.

Unfortunately I cannot leave any windows open because I live in Florida where it is HORRENDOUSLY humid and insanely muggy and raining nonstop! I cannot wait to move out of this inhabitable h*** hole. I have lived in many places and I can honestly say with no doubt it is miserable here. I am sooo out of here first second I can afford to leave!!
Well my dad start painting my room early in the morning and there wasnt much of a smell he left the window wide open while painting and I put Rocko and Loki back in later also while they were in the room I left the window open and turned on a fan just in case theres any fumes left also the paint dried very quickly.When my kitchen got painted my mam left Tiko out of the room for a day.Can you open your window a little bit I live in Ireland most days are bad but we had sun all week its summer and still theres alot of bad days.My mams room is next to mine and while my dad was painting my mam said she got a head ache and you can get a head ache from paint fumes.

J

·
0 Posts
I've decided to wait until winter to touch up walls in my house even though the walls are a huge disaster they look terrible. I will wait until winter when there is a cold front which will knock out this horrid humidity for at least a couple of days and then I can open the window to get fresh air, right now that simply is not a possibility.

The second I open the door to walk outside I am immediately hit in the face with horrid humidity... the air is so incredibly thick, humid/muggy it is difficult to breath and just sucks the life from you! Skin instantly gets clammy constantly sticky... cannot stand this swamp. I am not meant to live in a swamp!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've decided to wait until winter to touch up walls in my house even though the walls are a huge disaster they look terrible. I will wait until winter when there is a cold front which will knock out this horrid humidity for at least a couple of days and then I can open the window to get fresh air, right now that simply is not a possibility.

The second I open the door to walk outside I am immediately hit in the face with horrid humidity... the air is so incredibly thick, humid/muggy it is difficult to breath and just sucks the life from you! Skin instantly gets clammy constantly sticky... cannot stand this swamp. I am not meant to live in a swamp!
That sounds terrible I wouldnt know what it feels like to live where you live is it like that everywhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would have left them out for a few days, I really don't think it's safe for a bird after a fee hours. Which is what people told you before.
Just because you can't smell it anymore doesn't mean it's not there. You adjust to the smell and become "nose blind" to it a bit and also birds are far far more sensitive than humans to such things. They shouldn't have gone back in so soon.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have left them out for a few days, I really don't think it's safe for a bird after a fee hours. Which is what people told you before.
Just because you can't smell it anymore doesn't mean it's not there. You adjust to the smell and become "nose blind" to it a bit and also birds are far far more sensitive than humans to such things. They shouldn't have gone back in so soon.
It got painted early in the morning and I put them back when it was getting dark and I had the window open wide and a fan on so I would say the fumes would definitely be gone and theyre ok now.

J

·
0 Posts
That sounds terrible I wouldnt know what it feels like to live where you live is it like that everywhere.
It's not like that everywhere in the US thank goodness. Florida is a swamp, it's a tropical swamp land climate so it's extremely humid, sticky and muggy with constant rain during the summer. I've lived in many states in the US (California has the perfect weather by far and I miss it!) and also came to the US from the EU... I can honestly say I cannot handle extremely humidity... you don't understand how miserable it is until you are actually in it. I'm an outdoors person and LOVE being outside but not in Florida... I just cannot handle the constant disgusting humidity. It's not the heat that's a killer... it's the severe humidity! =(

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've put my birds back in my room after painting the same day when the smell has gone and left the window, door and fan open and on for them, I wouldn't advice it though, if I can I try to keep them out for a few days. Car Alarm I've left out of there for nearly a week because of his previous health issues. I've only been painting one wall each weekend though, kind of annoying actually because now I've only got one wall left and it's been a couple of months and still haven't done it :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts