Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot even believe I am posting here. I am absolutely in pieces right now. I am falling apart. I haven't stopped sobbing today. I can't believe this I'm saying this. Beaker has died. Last night, a raccoon got into the house when no one was home. It got its paw into the cage somehow... I can hardly type this, I can't even see clearly. My eyes are so clouded. I'll stop sobbing now and get into it. It got its paw into the cage somehow and it grabbed Beaker. Jaid escaped harm, but he's still shaken after losing his mate. I am so devastated. And I am sick and absolutely shaken to say that it completely tore my beautiful boy apart. Beaker is in bits. I cannot even comprehend this. My boy actually died like this? I am in total shock. I can't even function right now. I can't eat and can just about breathe. I am going to bury him today out in the creek. I don't even know what to say at this point. I love you Beaker. You were my first cockatiel and you have opened up so much to me since I first adopted you. You were my whole world. I love you so much Beaker. You're safe now. You wait for me buddy, I'll see you again soon. With love, always.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
OH, CaliTiels I am SO sorry! What a terrible, terrible thing to happen to poor Beaker! My heart goes out to you. I wish I was closer to give you a hug, but I have to send hugs via the forum. I know you are heartbroken. Beaker was loved and a special part of your life for so many years. Peace to you and thanks for all your advice and all the times you have helped other people (including me when I lost my beloved Meshach) deal with loss on this forum. Peace be to you.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I agree with Janalle. You have helped so many cockatiels and their owners. It breaks me to see this. I don't know what else to say. I'm in shock.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
OMG, Calitiels that is so heartbreaking for you. How horrific, I am so terrible sorry for you and your babies, rip Beaker, your momma loves you forever and I know she will miss you.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am really sorry CaliTiels for your loss of Beaker . You helped me shen I lost my husband- now it is my time to say to you You can always PM me if you want I am here for you RIP little Beaker , little angel over the Rainbow Bridge

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This feels so surreal. It doesn't feel real. I literally saw him yesterday. In one piece. Alive. Making a bunch of racket and harassing Jaid. I haven't even wrapped my head around this yet. I am in such disbelief this happened to us. He didn't deserve what happened.

I just buried him. I originally left with a shovel, but Jaid was flock calling his head off. He needs me, so I put him in the travel cage and took him in the creek with me. When we got there, I set Jaid down and started digging. I had Beaker in a paper bag and held him up to me. I told Beak I loved him and Jaid peeped and tiled his head. I lost it right then. I explained to him that B wasn't there anymore. The look Jaid gave me broke me.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Its heartbreaking indeed Stephanie. Could you please check you inbox-I ve just left you a message there Lots of love X x Teresa

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Oh Stephanie, I am so shocked to see this. I am so so sorry that this happened! :cry: Beaker was such a beautiful boy full of personality, he didn't deserve this one bit and neither did you, you have such a kind and loving heart. I'm sending all my love and comfort to you that I can possibly give, and sending lots of scritches for poor Jaid. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you.

Rest in peace, sweet Beaker, you were loved so so much and will be greatly missed more than you know.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Oh Stephanie, I am so, so sorry for your loss :cry: I can't even begin to imagine :(

Fly free beautiful Beaker boy. He will be waiting at the bridge for you, Stephanie

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Oh my god, Stephanie, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I feel sick after reading that. I don't even know what to say other than I'm here for you if there's anything I can do... Fly free, Beaker

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I'm sitting here with tears streaming, wishing I could wrap you in a huge, healing hug. You know I've had a long distance for your boys since joining the forum, but sad as this makes me, I can't imagine the pain you and Jaid are going through.

Time doesn't heal all wounds, but forms a scab over them to make the pain more tolerable. Be gentle with yourself, and give yourself every opportunity to go through the stages of grief.

Fly free, sweet Mr. B, until your mom and Jaid can see you again at the Rainbow Bridge.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Horrible news. I'm so sorry this happened to your sweet Beaker. :cry:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I cannot believe this myself. This is so sad. I am literally crying myself right now. How can a raccoon be that bad? And i always kinda thought they were cute. I am so sorry about this, Stephanie. I always thought that Beaker was your most beautiful cockatiel (I really loved the colour). Fly free, little baby angel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm really sorry about Beaker... tears came to my eyes... fly free little angel

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your kind words. I feel a little better, but I still can't believe this.

I made this video memorial for Beaker. It's not that good or anything, but I suppose I might as well do something constructive instead of crying. I've never done something like this before, so I doubt it's any good. I named Beaker 'Beaker' for two reasons, he chewed everything the day I got him, and honestly because I like science, so I thought 'The Scientist' was fitting. Pardon the ad in there when viewed on a computer, YouTube throws that in if you use certain music.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I am soooo sorry!!! I am in tears too now and shaking while I am typing this. How terrible and ruthless fate can be!
But he is at peace now and can be with you in spirit. He's not really gone and he doesn't want you to be too sad.
Fly free, Beaker!
Hugs and love to you and Jaid!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts