Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darlas beak is peeling, upper and lower parts. I'll add a photo if I can. Is this ever normal or does it always mean there's a problem? Only thing I can think Of is they are always inside so get no sunlight? Could that be it? Do they NEED sunlight?

Sorry photos upside down... Again

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, my Krieger has this too on his beak, I was wondering if he'd hit something and damaged it, good to know its perfectly normal

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
When I brought Foster in for his foot infection, I was told his flakiness was a sign of dryness. I guess it depends on how much we bathe our birds, too?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Probably. Zoe lets me know when she wants a bath (usually when she tries to bathe in her hooded water bowl lololol) and I dare not try to give her one before she's told me she wants one. She gets *really* mad and I try not to anger the beast lol.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I think that's incorrect...
I hope so :) I hate the idea of Foster's beak being dry. I thought the preen gland did all the lubricating of the beak?

Ugh...frustrating.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told only the tip of the top of the beak peels and the rest peeling would be sus. Glad that was wrong!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely wrong. The tip is often where it's most evident, but it can peel all over. Sometimes it even comes off in fairly big pieces when they're really into chewing something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts