Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Darla was hand reared, I think by syringe but I'm not sure (saw syringes at breeders house) and I've noticed her beak doesn't shut all the way. There's a gap. I tried to take photos whilst she was smooching up for scritches but the gap looks a little big here. The photo shows how she normally holds her beak but it can in fact be closed more, leaving just a small gap. Is this okay? Her beaks not over grown is it? It's the same on both sides

Ps. Didn't mean to use such a happy face for the thread lol I'm actually really worried

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Looks okay to me. That what Jaid's face looks like when he's being mischievous. :lol:

I was wondering about the amused face :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh good, my other cockatiels beak closes fully so the contrast between them had me worried.
Haha I know I saw the smiley afterwards and was like "..hm that's not right" lol.
Is that just how some beaks sit or do you think it could be from syringe feeding?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Coco makes that face when I give him scritches. It is a bit odd that her beak never closes fully, though. I'd be interested to read some experienced breeder's replies to this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts