Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried spraying my tiel with water but he just stands without fluffing his feathers. Then I bought a tiel-size bird bathtub but he still doesn't want to go in. He is moulting now and I thought a bath would be good for him, but I don't know how to make him bathe. :(
Has anyone got other ideas?

·
Registered
786 Posts
You might try spraying from above him, and if you aren't already, try warm water. That is how I got my non bather to shower...just a thought. He wouldn't go near water in a dish, and just stood there when I sprayed him also. But he took to it when I went from above. Go figure!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey just stood there the first time, looking soggy and miserable, but accepted the water misting over him even if he wasn't happy about it. The second time, he moved a little but not much. By his third bath/shower, he was doing a shower dance and happy as can be. As Jojo's Mom said, misting from above, with warm water really helps.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Rocko gets a shower in a actual shower lol and I put the shower hose on a mist so it dosent soak him and he loves it hes afraid of water if I tried placing him anywhere near water he would run up my arm.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yea keep trying, especially with the mist sprayer ! Maxi loves her mist spray washes but sometimes she just sits there wings all tight and goes "nope not today" aha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts