Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we were putting the birds up for the night (we cage em all back up around 10pm and lights out at midnight) well lily decided she was not going to bed, but instead was going to fly up to the curtain and sit there

we have to use a Pvc pipe to get them off the curtains because we cant reach up there, well Bart took off flying on landed on the curtain beside me So I put my hand up for him to step on to my finger and he did :eek: we have had him(along with the other several that came with him since Nov.) all he has ever done is hiss and strike at us (didn't bite hard but just telling us to back off) he sat there whistling and chirping while I talked to him, my boyfriend got Lily and brought her over beside Bart (she was perched on my b/f's finger) and I put Bart a little closer to lily and asked "aww is she your girlfriend" he looked at her and Whistled (like the men do when a sexy woman walks by) we started busting out laughing

So to put them in the cage we just walked slowly side by side Me with bart perched on my finger, and my b/f with lily perched on his (lily didn't come with Bart but we got her with Pearl in october, she'd preen my hair from the cage but that was about the extent of it, but my b/f has always been able to get her to perch on his finger at least for a few minutes

but Like Nibbles, when Lily sees something (play gym or cage) she'll fly off as quick as you got her on... So since she'll perch on his finger he just blocks her view of the play gym and that area so he can get her in the cage on One Shot (which works 9 out of 10 times :D)

So that is my exciting news for the day lol

Sorry it's so long, my sleep aids are kicking in and i'm getting tired (which usally includes excessive talking and hyperness LOL)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bart is one of our clowns, around 9pm every night (since the day we got him) he goes into his nightly routine, of making a car alarm sound, and what sounds like a squeeky mattress he does it for about 20 minutes then he'll start whistling to Lily for a while lol

my boyfriend named him Bart, after Bart Simpson - from The Simpsons T.V. show because on the way home he was the one who would do the "mating hop" he'd hop forwards whistle and hop back in his spot LOL

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so far it was a one time thing , my boyfriend tried to get him to step up last night from the Play gym to put him in his cage for the night but he wasn't having nothing to do with it, and did his normal hiss and pecking at your fingers deal (he doesn't bite well sometimes, but for the most part its just the pecking he think's he's big and bad lol) so we did the normal shut out the light and my boyfriend cups his hands around thier front and I turn the light back on, for some reason by cuping his hands around the front of them they don't freak out (well one still does but the rest dont), and they don't try to bite

but I'm sure he'll be in a situation once again and he'll need my help and he'll perch on my finger again - when he did it the other night he flew over to where i was standing by the light switch and there's a built in Shelf there and we put a curtain over it (so the birds don't go in and do thier business on everything ) and I just put my finger against him for him to step up - he wasn't stuck or anything he could of gotten off hisself, But I didn't want to give him the chance, I fiqured he was that close to me I was going to see how far He'd let me go by touching him :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts