Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Bandit started talking yesterday I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden I hear pretty bird pretty pretty bird hello prettybird. It sounded so much like Spike I had to look to see. Gees I miss that little guy. Anyway I think its great that he taught Bandit how to talk before he passed at least he left me something to remember him by.

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
awww i think thats so special....angel taught little mikey and its the cutest thing to hear him copying his big bro...yay bandit!!!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It sounds like a blessing. What I have is not quite that nice. Buddy came here singing a song that I can't recognize. It could be Happy birthday. It could be Pop goes the weasel. I don't know but apparently it is irresistable to the other birds. Monkey who looks just like your Spike started copying this little ditty so I had two birds singing the unknown song. Today I heard that old familiar refrain coming from the aviary note for note the way I've heard it hundreds of times. I scan the little faces to see who is doing it and to my Horror it's Auzzie. Now I have three birds singing the not quite familiar, almost something I've heard, never quite right...song...What a blessing?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Aw, that is so sweet! I'm glad it brings back good memories instead of upsetting you that he's doing that. I know you never get over a pet, especially one that was so special. I'm glad your other one is learning though..that's just wonderful! Least you got Bandit to talk to you now. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts