Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i went looking for my first tiel i found a breeder nearby but sadly at the time she had no babies, and that's what i wanted. Instead i went to a small pet shop just outside of canberra. When i decided to get a second though we phoned the breeder again and this time when we visited they had all these babies in the brooder and in various nest boxes. When i was there she pulled a 2 week cinnie pied baby who we put a deposit on and named Bailee. :p

While i was there i looked around all her aviaries. A few had tiels in them and there were some other species as well. It was all really well kept and i was impressed. One day it would be great to have a set up like hers and her husbands and breed tiels. It's really nice to see a breeder who cares about her birds, babies and customers. I got some photos of Bailee's parents when i was there which i thought i would share, they were a really nice pair:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I would love to have the money to keep a bunch of them too..many later (I'm still young). Bailee's parents are adorable! I would love one like them.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Bailee's parents are gorgeous you lucky to have those photos Bea, I agree it is nice when you can find a good breeder who cares

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Its great to have actual breeders. We have none. I was lucky to find someone who breed there birds and decided to hand raise them.
even around where I am its hard to find good breeders, there doesn't seem to be to many around I wonder why there such great birds

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in contact with Bailee's breeder about a week ago as i'm looking to buy a few budgies, and i mentioned that Bailee's an absolute joy to own and that he's absolutely thriving. She still remembered him, and said she knew he would do well with me. :D I thought that was really great that she actually remembered him!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts