Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B has been up to no good. He only started to chew the crown molding, but just today he ate a hole in the wall in just 5 unattended minutes :wacko:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes. He got a time out and only pellets, no seeds or vegetables. Both of them have been a little hormonal lately. Beaker knows very well he isn't supposed to chew those things, but for the past few days he has been a butt

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hope he remembers his lesson. Being grounded is no fun, and no treats isn't either. I also hope the hormonal days are soon past.

Joey was hormonal earlier this spring, then calmed down. The past few days he seems to be a bit screechy and territorial again. He even bit me hard enough to draw blood a couple days ago. He's never bit hard enough to even hurt much prior to that.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Oh yes. He got a time out and only pellets, no seeds or vegetables. Both of them have been a little hormonal lately. Beaker knows very well he isn't supposed to chew those things, but for the past few days he has been a butt
Rocko hates time outs lol and he loves his seeds :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry. My 'tiel has been doing the same thing to my door lately. I guess it is that time of year. They're such stinkers when they're hormonal. >.<

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't I know it. Know what I saw before I left for school? I made a toy with wooden beads. They chewed all the other bits, so the only thing left was a wooden bead on the cage floor. I thought Beaker was trying to mount it (he did so with his cuttlebone when it fell on the floor), but no! Beaker gathered it under his legs and made it his egg. Nesty B :thumbd:

·
Registered
182 Posts
My tiels do not have free range unless I'm around them. They try to chew things up they get a 'bah' and they stop. I flat out refuse to have anything wreck my home. I adore them, but there are rules.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I didn't know that male cockatiels would try and sit on eggs when they're hormonal. I think 'tiels are so cute when they're sitting on eggs... if only there wasn't all the hormonalness going on. :(

I bet Beaker doesn't like you messing with his 'egg' either. xP

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was actually really cute. I've never had him do that before. It was nice to see him have a compassionate side instead of his usual grumpiness

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tiels do not have free range unless I'm around them. They try to chew things up they get a 'bah' and they stop. I flat out refuse to have anything wreck my home. I adore them, but there are rules.
I don't mind too much. He was just being a bird and that's what birds do. I just gave him a scolding and put him back. He has been acting out a little, but I kind of understand. It must be frustrating sometimes having all that testosterone pumping through your tiny little body.

I have been giving them some more appropriate things to chew instead when they are making a move on the house

1 - 11 of 11 Posts