Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Backpack carrier

I bought something similar and it smelled like a really odorous vinyl shower curtain straight from its packaging. No way was I going to put Bruce in there, ever, even when I called the factory and they said to let it "air out".

The one you like is made from high density acrylic (I checked). I don't know if that smells, or maybe gives off subtle fumes (depending on the weather?). Just remember, your bird will be *encased* in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I moved my bird from Hawaii to the East Coast using a small cat carrier. Used an ice pick to make a hole in the side of the cage about 1/3 from the front to feed a perch thru so her long tail had room. Bought a couple of cups with wire hooks that went thru the mesh walls to hold in place. Put an old kitchen hand towel in the bottom for comfort and easy cleanup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the cat version of this for $40 on Amazon - the same but without the metal perch - and just used a cotton soft perch (you know, the braided rainbow ones) - it attached easily through some of the breathing holes - and my baby LOVES it. Before that I used a parakeet cage which she hated. Highly recommend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.