Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The baby is always wants to eat, but the crop is not getting smaller at all. Baby poops actually, but why the crop is not getting smaller?
I'm very worried! It's my first time having baby chicks.
It's almost 5 days old and we don't have vets in our city.
Hand Plant Purple Gesture Pink
Plant Cat Felidae Purple Small to medium-sized cats

·
Registered
63 Posts
The baby is always wants to eat, but the crop is not getting smaller at all. Baby poops actually, but why the crop is not getting smaller?
I'm very worried! It's my first time having baby chicks.
It's almost 5 days old and we don't have vets in our city. View attachment 95847 View attachment 95848
Why does there appear to be fairly large pieces of food I showing through his crop?? I do believe that at 5 days if the bird was in the wild, the parents feed it with food that they chew first. My thought is that the baby cannot process what it ate, which may have a poor result. You could try some warm liquid formula to soften whatever is in there. This youngun should be eating formula, soft cooked oatmeal, millet, or cream of wheat if you location does not have bird foods.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why does there appear to be fairly large pieces of food I showing through his crop?? I do believe that at 5 days if the bird was in the wild, the parents feed it with food that they chew first. My thought is that the baby cannot process what it ate, which may have a poor result. You could try some warm liquid formula to soften whatever is in there. This youngun should be eating formula, soft cooked oatmeal, millet, or cream of wheat if you location does not have bird foods.
So? How’s the baby?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts