Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised here are pics of the first clutch! I have included pics of the bunch, the first hatched, the last hatched and The proud Papa making sure I'm careful.
Hamster Gerbil Rodent Muridae Muroidea

Bird Cockatiel Beak Parrot Tail

Bird Tail Beak

Bird Cockatiel Parrot Parakeet Budgie

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes He's a very good Daddy! He stood on my shoulder and kept watch for every banding. He can be a bit overbearing though. Everytime I come into the room with fresh beans, veggies, millet or try to fill the seed dish he jumps on my arm to get at it before I can even get it in the cage. You would think I starved them but I bring in warm beans 3 X a day now. The Babies are huge for their age. I had to band them at 7 days. I think they are going to be large birds the first hatched has feet larger than some of my adults!!!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally pulled them for hand feeding

Well as of yesterday my #1 baby was 3 weeks old. I decided to pull the whole clutch because they are so big I can hardley believe that the oldest is only three weeks. I started feeding them yesterday afternoon. At first they aren't too keen on the spoon but as of this morning they are eating like they know what they're doing. What I find interesting is that they are very neat eaters! One of them has all of his facial feathers out and he ended up with only one tiny drop of formula on his face. I've never had such neat babies.
Cockatiel Bird Cockatoo Parrot Perching bird

Cockatiel Bird Parrot Perching bird

These pics are after thier feeding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts