Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mother hen just recently raised a baby about a month ago and everything was fine until today that I noticed that the baby isn’t standing on one leg. Every time I try to stand him on two legs, he looks hurt/uncomfortable. I don’t know if he was born like this since I tried not to hold him when he was a baby because I was scared the momma would abandon him. He is about a month old and the momma recently hasn’t been feeding him. She stopped feeding him and I have tried to feed him. I don’t know if she stopped feeding him because he might be sick or if he’s just too old . She also laid 2 eggs 4 days ago. His feathers are also fluffed up all the time which is really worrying me. It’s also important to note that the hen mated with her son so it might be a deformity because it’s her son? Also, the baby has tried to fly multiple times and has fallen and Flown into the wall. Maybe he hurt himself? Please help me. In One picture he is sleeping on my lap but his legs are in between my legs so his body weight isn’t on his legs. Also, there is a picture of when he was younger and a picture of him now. He is also limping. When he was younger, his feet were normal so I think he got hurt. He’s still trying to fly though, so I don’t know if he’s sick or just hurt. His poop also might not be normal?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.